Isn’t fishing with live bait fun?
Keep filling the minnow bucket with fresh water.
Forget to do it once
see the stinkers
float belly up.
Or get one of those
buckets with the small
holes in the lid, tie the
bucket to the boat,
drop the bucket in the
waters to self-oxygenate.
Motor off to the next spot then remember:
to pull the bucket back aboard. Oops.
Gone. The minnows are gone.
So, you Jimmy-rig a baitwell made from a cooler and an aerator,
and that sort of works.
Why not just buy one that works better and costs the same?
Frabill’s Min-O-Life Personal Baitstation is an 8-quart cooler with
a built-in aerator.
It's built for convenience.
- Insulated to keep the minnows cool, part of the reason you kept changing the waters.
- Compact, unlike other baitwells
- Works more efficiently, keeping four times the minnows alive that
a standard bait container does, the company says.
- Features a “lift-out net liner” that eliminates the need for a dip net to catch the minnows. Just lift, and select the bait.
- Comes with an aerator that runs on two D batteries and is
- Costs only $43.99, probably similar to building one.
Minnows are great bait, tough to beat, and that's why anglers go to effort to carry them along.
For storing them on a trip, the Min-O-Life Personal Baitstation may be tough to beat.
It makes fishing with live bait more fun.
For further info or to order, visit:
Frabill’s Min-O-Life Personal Baitstation Web page.